Get the Skills for a Rewarding Career as a Professional Massage Therapist in Less than 1 Year
11-Month* Massage Therapy Diploma Program in South Los Angeles, CA
Massage Therapy is a rewarding, exciting and rapidly growing profession. Massage therapists can help heal injuries, reduce stress, relieve pain, and promote overall health and wellness for their clients.
With Massage Therapy, individuals can provide relief and improve the overall wellness of their clients through the application of different manual techniques. The application of such techniques include manipulating skin, muscles, and connective tissues through massage.
Healthcare Career College, located in Paramount, CA, serves massage therapy students in Long Beach, Compton, Lakewood, Downey, Bellflower, Norwalk, Cerritos, the greater Los Angeles area and north Orange County.
The best way to see if Healthcare Career College is the right fit for you is to attend an information session. You can book an information session to get a true feel for what it’s like to be a part of the Healthcare Career College community. Schedule an information session now or Get more info.
Become a Confident Massage Therapist
Massage therapy branches out to other medical fields, such as physical therapy, chiropractic care, and sports medicine. Our massage therapy school in Los Angeles prepares students for any of these fields. During this program, you will learn the following:
- Massage Techniques for Sports Massage Applications: Learn how to use massage techniques to help athletes and sports teams recover from injuries or enhance their performance.
- Swedish Massage Training: This popular massage technique helps reduce stress and anxiety and promotes relaxation. You will learn different strokes, pressure points, and stretches using this massage style.
- Trigger Point and Deep Tissue Massage: Master how to apply deep pressure on specific points to help reduce chronic pain and improve circulation and muscle tension.
- Safety and Sanitation Guidelines: Understand and adhere to industry safety standards, procedures, and sanitation guidelines.
- Professional Development: Gain the knowledge and skills needed to establish a successful massage therapy practice.
- Anatomy and Kinesiology: Learn how to identify and work with the body’s muscles, tendons, ligaments, and joints.
Is a Career as a Massage Therapist Right for You? Take the Healthcare Career College 'Massage Therapy Career Training Readiness Quiz'
This fun, online quiz takes 3-minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get Your Healthcare Career Training Readiness score now.
- Swedish Massage
- Sports Massage
- Trigger Point Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Massage Safety
- Professional Standards and Ethics
There is an increase in demand for Massage Therapists! As long as people are active there will continuously be a need for Massage Therapy. As more people enjoy an active lifestyle of participating in sports or going to the gym the need for sports massage therapists will continue to grow. Employment of Massage Therapists is projected to grow 16.4% from 2018 to 2028**, much faster than the average for all occupations.
Being enrolled in Healthcare Career College had opened many doors for me. As a student, I was always encouraged by the staff and my instructors every day. I was determined to make everyone proud, and learn as much as I could about ultrasounds. Everything that was available to us was extremely helpful and brought out every students potential.
Upon graduation from masseuse school, there is a wide number of opportunities for you including:
- Massage Therapist
- Massage Practitioner
- Massage Aide
- Massage Associate
You may find work in the following areas:
- Integrative Health Environments
- Physician Offices
- Client’s Homes
- Massage Clinics
- Health Spas
Median Pay: $17.13/hour**
Is Certification Necessary?
State law does not require obtaining CAMTC certification, but some cities and counties make it a prerequisite for massage therapists. Certification by CAMTC (California Massage Therapy Council) adds credibility to massage therapy training and gives professionals an edge over their competition.
Healthcare Career College is the number one massage therapy school in Orange County. We give students the knowledge, experience, and certifications to practice massage therapy. You can get certified in massage therapy in as little as 11 months, depending on how much time you dedicate to the program.
Student and Campus Life at Healthcare Career College
Healthcare Career College offers various amenities and activities that allow massage therapy students to balance school, work, and socializing with friends. Our program provides the following:
- A massage room to practice massage therapy techniques and massage beds for students.
- An on-campus wellness center to help massage therapy students practice their massage techniques.
- Online massage therapy program and classes for those unable to attend in-person classes.
- State-of-the-art massage therapy equipment.
- Advanced massage equipment and tools for massage
- Internships at local medical offices and laboratories.
- Career Services support to secure your first job upon graduation.
- Guidance and support from massage therapy instructors who are experts in their field.
Check Out Other Healthcare Career Training Opportunities at Healthcare Career College
Is a Rewarding Career in Massage Therapy Right for You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in learning more about careers in Massage Therapy and exploring whether Healthcare Career College is right for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.
For immediate questions, call (562) 804-1239
*Program length when completed in normal time.